THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
In compliance with the rules of the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 (“POPIA”), this Notice explains how we receive, use, and disclose your personal information. We are committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is gathered and handled appropriately, lawfully, and transparently at AIR COMPRESSOR & MINING SERVICES CC (ACMS) (including this website, POPI Act-Compliance).
About the Company
Air Compressor & Mining Services CC is an authorized distributor and service agent for Atlas Copco SA (Pty) Ltd.
The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information primarily to contact you in order to understand your needs and provide appropriate services. We will collect contact information, including your name and organization, for this reason.
We acquire information from you directly when you give us your personal information. Where feasible, we will inform you of what information you are obligated to supply to us and what information is optional.
Website usage data may be gathered via “cookies,” which allow us to collect normal internet visitor usage data.
The data that we collect
We collect and utilize your personal information primarily so that we can contact you and better understand your needs in order to provide you with appropriate services. As a result, we’ll need your contact information, such as your name and organization.
We acquire personal information directly from you when you offer it to us.
We shall only use your personal information for the purposes agreed upon with you when it was collected. Additionally, your information may be kept for legal or research purposes if necessary.
- To gather contact information
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorized user for security purposes
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering, or other malpractice
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- To conduct audit and record-keeping purposes
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to service providers who assist us in providing products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they follow the privacy requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are required by law to ensure proper protection for the personal information we hold, as well as to prevent unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will continue to assess our security measures and related processes on an ongoing basis to guarantee that your personal information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security
- Computer and network security
- Access to personal information
- Secure communications
- Security in contracting out activities or functions
- Retention and disposal of information
- Acceptable usage of personal information
- Governance and regulatory issues
- Monitoring access and usage of private information
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we enter into contracts with third parties, we place appropriate security, privacy, and confidentiality duties on them to guarantee that personal information for which we are still responsible is kept secure.
We will ensure that everybody to whom we disclose your personal information agrees to treat it with the same level of care that we do.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we have on file for you. Simply contact us at the numbers/addresses shown on our website and let us know what information you desire. Prior to actually sharing personal information, we will want a copy of your ID document to authenticate your authenticity.
Please be aware that any such access request may be subject to payment of a legally acceptable fee and a completed PAPIA request form.
Correction of your information
You have the right to request that your personal information be updated, corrected, or deleted. Before making changes to personal information, we may have on file for you, we will need a copy of your ID document to authenticate your identity. We’d appreciate it if you could keep your contact information up to date.
Definition of personal information
“Personal information”, as defined by the Act, is information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and, where relevant, an identified, existing juristic person. In accordance with the POPI Act, AIR COMPRESSOR & MINING SERVICES CC (ACMS) also considers the following items to be personal information:
- All addresses, including home, postal, previous educational levels, health /medical reports, and email.
- Change of name – we require copies of the marriage certificate or legal change of name paperwork issued by the Department of Home Affairs.
How to contact us
Please contact us at the numbers/addresses indicated on our website or e-mail: email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this notice, require additional information about our privacy practices, desire to withdraw consent, exercise preferences, or access or correct your personal information.